Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gtx 660 anti-alias

46 REPLIES 46
Message 1 of 47
rmerlob
3811 Views, 46 Replies

gtx 660 anti-alias

So, I got a new GTX 660 rig and antialias looks worse on my 1920x1080 monitor than with my gt220m laptop, really looks like a bug, seems to try and anti-alias but when i move the model it gets jagged like in the picture, some artifacts too.

I know these cards aren´t supported but come on if looks okay on a gt220m it should look okay in this one, by the way I got a quadro 600 at work and looks exactly the same as the gt220m though it is faster.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

RM

46 REPLIES 46
Message 21 of 47
blair
in reply to: blair

It's also only as good as your monitor as well.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 22 of 47
stevec781

I have a GTX 660Ti. on my machine with 2013.  When I zoom in with spaceball or mouse the screen looks smooth, but as soon as I move my mouse, it goes jagged.

Before mouse move (captured with alt-printscreen to avoid mouse movement)

before move.JPG

After mouse move

after move.JPG

Message 23 of 47
Vlad.Makarov

I guess I'll have to throw everything out & buy new hardware.

Steve's pictures accurately depict the problem.

stevec781
in reply to: Vlad.Makarov

@Vlad.Makarov wrote:

I guess I'll have to throw everything out & buy new hardware.

Maybe you should buy some old hardware - my other machine with a GTX 560 doesnt have this problem, still win7 64 with 2013.

Message 25 of 47
blair

Maybe it's the mouse and mouse driver's...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 26 of 47
stevec781

Both machines have logictech MX 500 mouse with same driver.

What I havent checked though is the nvidea card settings, maybe there's difference in there but for most of it I have no idea what they mean.

Different monitor, but both are Asus and both at same resolution 1920x1080

Message 27 of 47
rmerlob

Thanks all of you for the replies, steve´s pictures are exactly my problem.

Seems to me that everyone has this specific problem with 600 series cards ?

I have a standard microsoft mouse with the drivers that got installed by default, it would be very weird if the mouse glitched out the graphics.

Message 28 of 47
jaov2k
in reply to: rmerlob

oh noes....

Im speccing out a new rig similar to Blair's minus the 690, rather 660Ti in SLI...

...but this is making me go "hmmmmmmm, no bueno...."

any new updates on this?

btw what monitors are you using, Blair?

Message 29 of 47
blair
in reply to: jaov2k

Just a single monitor, a HP ZR30w

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 30 of 47
SBix26

I just tried setting my new machine to Quality, and discovered that I have the same problem as Steve illustrated.  I'm using a Logitech T-RA18 wireless trackball (default Windows driver) and a K4000M GPU.  Since I've never before been able to take advantage of the Quality setting, I'm not feeling the pain much.  But I suspect there's a setting or a configuration somewhere (not necessarily in Inventor) that would address this.

Like Blair, I am using a HP ZR30w monitor, and would never want to go back to anything else.  Makes ordinary 1080p monitors look pretty crude; 1080p is very nice for TV and movies, not so much for CAD models.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 2
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.16.2
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 31 of 47
GARRYFRASER8394

I reported this problem last summer with k2000m

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/anti-aliasing-problem-on-new-lenovo-W530/td-p/353017...

I contacted nvidia, contacted lenovo about how they shouldn't certify laptops that don't work properly with inventor etc etc, they escalated with nvidia they said.

The end result is a year on nvidia haven't bothered to update drivers to fix this.

Your choice is simple, 1. use older nvidia hardware. 2. Use ATI

Message 32 of 47
MikahB

FWIW - I have a new GTX670 and have the identical issue.  I've played endlessly with the NVidia settings and though I can make the problem look different, I'm not sure I can make it look better.  Also, had to RMA my video card and when running with onboard (Intel DZ77 mobo) video, edges looked buttery smooth (but slow in motion).

Looking forward to some resolution!!

Mikah Barnett
All Angles Design
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
32GB DDR3-2400 RAM
GeForce GTX 670 4GB
Message 33 of 47
hjvcan
in reply to: MikahB

I'm chiming in to say that I suffer this issue at home... 660 OC user here. (drivers updated regularly)

If I am actively moving my model the AA works fine, but a moment after stopping the movement everything goes jaggy.

I can't help but feel it's got something to do with power saving features put in place by Nvidia, I plan on trying some application specific settings to test it out but I havent had the time yet.

After reading all the discussions saying that gaming class cards were now fine for inventor it sure sucks to see that a GTX660 has such issues.

Message 34 of 47
swhite

Have a NVIDIA Quadro 600 with no problems. But have my settings set for performance, so don't expect perfection, just faster updates.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 35 of 47
SeanFarr
in reply to: swhite

Hmm...I just finally got my manager to upgrade my workstation,

And I decided to use a gaming card instead of sticking with the Quadro series, as I was having lots of lag issues in the modelling environment as well as drawings.

I have seen a great deal of improvement moving to a:

• i7 3770 vs xeon W3505
  • GTX 670 instead vs Quadro 600
  • 32GB RAM vs 16GB RAM
  • SSD vs HDD

I don't know exactly why (technically) it is faster and smoother, but I know for a fact when I changed hardware settings to Quality from Performance in old system, good luck trying to do anything,

Even though this new system does run smooth and flawlessly on Quality, after reading this thread and taking a closer look during movements and stationary views, I am experiencing this jaggedness with the GTX 670.

However my monitors are not that great, L2250p Wide, and a E180HV

I have a question, why does this little bit of jaggedness in the edges cause an issue (just curious)? Does it affect renderings? or is it more noticeable with much better monitors?

Thanks!

Sean

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
Message 36 of 47
hjvcan
in reply to: hjvcan

I've now spent some time playing with all the application specific options, havent realy gotten anywhere...

Did some reading about issues on laptops with switchable graphics... some of the issues they describe are similar to what we are experiencing.

I'm lost :S

Message 37 of 47
rmerlob
in reply to: GARRYFRASER8394

Thanks for the replies, it really seems to be nvidias problem to fix.

It is very important to realize, that while the problems with GTX 600 series might be overlooked by them since they are not ''officially supported or certified'', this same problem is being reported on Quadro line cards, for me this is a big disapointment in what I thought was a great brand.

I wanted to upgrade the quadro card on my office workstation but know it seems the quadro and gtx line aren't the blind obvious pick anymore.

Message 38 of 47
hjvcan

at work i use a quadro 2000 (700MB) with a high end i7
at home i use a gtx 660 oc (2GB) with a high end i5

i dont actually notice the problem on my work machine but at home it's glaringly obvious
Message 39 of 47
eljoseppo
in reply to: hjvcan

Are there still problems with AA? NVidia released GTX 780, does enyone have this card and this problem?
Shall I go for ATI?
Message 40 of 47
stephengibson76
in reply to: eljoseppo

Im using a Dell M4700 and having very similar problems...  Nvidia Quadro K2000M IV2014

In quality settings its terrible, nice and smooth when you are flying the space pilot but as soon as you stop, very jagged edges appear, (generally sheded with edges), even if I dont touch the mouse.  In performance mode its better, smooth whilst flying but if i touch the middle button on my mouse to pan or zoom, the jagged edges return...

It didnt really bother me until i read this post, now i notice it every time and its getting anoying

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report