Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gtx 660 anti-alias

46 REPLIES 46
Message 1 of 47
rmerlob
3789 Views, 46 Replies

gtx 660 anti-alias

So, I got a new GTX 660 rig and antialias looks worse on my 1920x1080 monitor than with my gt220m laptop, really looks like a bug, seems to try and anti-alias but when i move the model it gets jagged like in the picture, some artifacts too.

I know these cards aren´t supported but come on if looks okay on a gt220m it should look okay in this one, by the way I got a quadro 600 at work and looks exactly the same as the gt220m though it is faster.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

RM

46 REPLIES 46
Message 2 of 47
rmerlob
in reply to: rmerlob

For clarity, this is how I would expect it to look.

Message 3 of 47
blair

Check the Inventor Application options to see that you are using either Quality or Performance in the Hardware tab. I also assume that you are on the latest Nvidia drivers that are Microsoft certified.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 47
rmerlob

Thanks for your answer, I am on quality (I dont think theres antialias on the other modes), I installed the latest drivers for my card form the geforce site, are those not microsoft certified?

Message 5 of 47
DarrenP

it would say whql on the  nvidia driver website

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 47
rmerlob

Drivers are 310.90 - WHQL....... could anyone confirm this drivers/card works ok on other computer?

Message 7 of 47
blair

Works on my system, hardware set to Quality and view to either shaded with and without edges

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 47
rmerlob

I´m at a loss here, could you post a jpg of how things look on your system?

Message 9 of 47
blair

Hardware set to Quality:

Capture1 Shaded

Capture2 Shaded with Edges

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 47
rmerlob
in reply to: blair

Thanks Blair, that looks great, have no idea what coul be up on my system, if I set to software render my core I7 seems to anti-alias it just fine, slower than a graphics card but no artifacts and super smooth edges.

Maybe someone else can pitch in, mb someone from autodesk.

Your graphics card is a much better model than mine from a previous series, how much difference between architectures you  think there is?

Message 11 of 47
blair

Not really sure, I am just starting to assemble a new machine with the GTX690 in it. I generally work in Performance mode with Shaded (no edges). though.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 12 of 47
rmerlob

Let me know how the 690 turns out, I used to work in performance, I find quality much easier on the eyes though after using it for a while its hard to go back everything looks so jagged.

Message 13 of 47
blair

Will do, I am slightly delayed on the build, I had to make a change on the CPU cooler. The model of EVGA mother board has moved the memory "chips" in closer to both sides of the CPU and with the height of the cooler fins on the chips I am unable to seat my desired CPU cooler. I am waiting for the new cooler to arrive to power up the unit.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 14 of 47
rmerlob

Any news on this, anyone?

Message 15 of 47
Vlad.Makarov

I upgraded my GTX 570 to a 670 & the same problems manifest. No problems on the 570 though.

blair

Quality setting with "Shaded Edge": System specs are below:

Capture2.JPG

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 17 of 47
Vlad.Makarov

Maybe I need to get my eyes checked, but that looks pretty jagged.

blair
in reply to: Vlad.Makarov

The attachment might give a better picture. I don't normally use shaded with edge

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 19 of 47
swhite

under application Options on the Display Tab make sure display quality is set to at least smooth.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 20 of 47
Vlad.Makarov

Eh, the more I look at that the more jaggies I see. Maybe I've crossed over into hypercritical territory.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report