Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frozen parts in assembly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
skyeg3
295 Views, 2 Replies

frozen parts in assembly

I have an assembly file I am trying to put together with parts I downloaded fron grab cad. I believe the parts were originally modelled in solidworks. I tried scaling some of the parts to be more my size and was directed to inventor fusion where I was able to scale the parts but now the assembly is acting strangly. As soon as a part gets one constraint applied to it n the assembley the part wont move like it is grounded but its not. When I click degrees of freedom it says the part has some. Does anyone know why the assembly is acting like this? The file is attached. 

Thanks for your help,

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sam_m
in reply to: skyeg3

an iam file only references and positions the part files - without these it's empty...  So, to upload it here we need all the ipt files too (drag EOP marker to top in each, to reduce file-size, and zip all the files together).

Usually Inventor only tends to stop a user from dragging parts about in an assembly if there are broken constraints somewhere.  Is the red cross (design doctor) lit on the top bar?  if so then that could be stopping you from dragging about the parts.

For ref - if you are trying to scale parts (uniformally) you can do that within Inventor by deriving the part into another ipt, which gives a "scale factor" dialog option.  (I thought there was a non uniform scale option somewhere, but at the moment it seems to be hiding from me...)

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 3 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: sam_m

@sam_m wrote:

(I thought there was a non uniform scale option somewhere, but at the moment it seems to be hiding from me...)

In the SDK.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report