Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frame generator components not suppressing, ilogic

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
SSmith1247
1392 Views, 4 Replies

frame generator components not suppressing, ilogic

Hello,

I'm trying to generate a base assembly using iLogic with frame generator components.  The problem I'm running into is that iLogic is not suppressing some of the components.  I have 5 frame sizes  that either require a 2" square tube frame or a 3" square tube frame.  If there is a way to cut down on quiet a bit of the logic it would be greatly appreciated as well. 

Attached is the assembly that I'm working in.  There should be the iLogic as well as the form for the different sizes.

Thanks,

Sam

Inventor 2013 Product Design Suite Basic
Win 7 64 Pro
Xeon 2.5 GHz
8 GB Ram
A crummy GeForce GT 610
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SSmith1247
in reply to: SSmith1247

Here is a pic of the model we are trying to create.  As you can tell from the tree, certian components are suppressed.  However, they are not the right ones to be suppressed.

Clipboard01.jpgClipboard03.jpg

Here is a snippet of the iLogic as well.  I captured the current state as they were and everything was working fine till I added some extra components to the assembly.  Once I did that I cannot get the frame to adjust.

Also, I created a seperate skeleton to get the two different frames into the assembly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Win 7 64 Pro
Xeon 2.5 GHz
8 GB Ram
A crummy GeForce GT 610
Message 3 of 5
SSmith1247

I figured it out.  I needed to insert a "rebuild" line intot he iLogic for it to work... very weird.

Logic statement:

ThisDoc.Document.Rebuild()

Win 7 64 Pro
Xeon 2.5 GHz
8 GB Ram
A crummy GeForce GT 610
Message 4 of 5
jrebel

Could you show an example of how you used "Rebuild". 

Message 5 of 5

Hi,

I am playing with the file you uploaded and have also added the Rebuild syntax.

But i still have the same problem. The frame members do not get suppressed while other components get suppressed with the same syntax. I also tired the MakePath syntax 

Component.IsActive(MakePath("SubAssem1:1", "Part2:1")) = False

but the frame components do not budge.  

Please upload your completed files, or let me know how i can suppress frame generator components. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report