I consulted Development and it is possible that the Robot kernel didn't register correctly.
Could you try the following?
0) Close Inventor
1) Open the command line window (Win7 / Vista: Windows Start Menu => type "cmd" in the search box and press Enter)
2) Navigate to the directory where the exe is located (type or paste the following: cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\ROBOT Kernel 23.0\System\Exe" and press Enter)
3) Type "rkernel /regserver" and press Enter
I've contacted Development again to see if they might have a different solution.
I forgot to mention that you should have administrative privileges and any anti-virus software turned off when doing the registration as required when doing the Inventor installation.
We have some more suggestions to try:
1) Try the registration of the Robot Kernal as described before with Admin priviliges and any AV turned off
2) After registration of Robot Kernal, re-register Frame Analysis from command line:
3) If steps 1 and 2 above still doesn't cure the issue, try a repair installation to help ensure there are no missing files
If none of the recommendations work, could you send us the Frame Analysis log file?
We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing.
I experience the same problem. It used to work. Last week I deinstalled 2012 Beta 3 (was a side-by-side install with 2011), maybe this caused some parts of Inventor 2011 not to work anymore? Neither Repair nor Reinstall lead to a solution. Now I am deinstalling 2011, and perform a fresh install.
kind regards, Hans.
I uninstall Inventor Beta 2012 and Inventor 2011. Instal fresh inventor 2011 but i have problem maybe i need preinstall operation system (windows 7).
an addition: when I look in my registry, there is a very large amount of Classes beginning with "RobotKernel.****". These refer to ClassID s that are twice in my registry, and those classid s refer to different locations, to be precise to an "Robot Kernel 23.0" and an "Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Engine 2012" location, see the attached screen dumps
The latter seems to be left behind after deinstallation of Inventor 2012 Beta3. So this might be a problem caused by beta3 ...?
Thank you !!
I change all registry to C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\ROBOT Kernel 23.0\System\Exe
after 1 hours work .
Frame Analysis work success .
Hi rgruychev and Hans,
Thank you for reporting this and sharing your solution and experience!
I'm still trying to reproduce the problem in-house. In the meantime, I've provided Development with the new findings to help get to the bottom of this and fix it from happening.
Edit: I can reproduce it now on Win7-64. I've filed the issue in our tracking system and sent it on to Development.
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.