Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
egghead
133 Views, 2 Replies

export problem

i have a idw file of an assembly that i have created. the idw has 3 pages to it.

i had to save it as a dxf file for a customer to use, the parts came in from the customer and some were wrong. on investigating they had imported the drawing and machined the parts from the imported idw file. ok may not be the safest way. however when i measure the drawing sheet 3 is out by a scale of 1.04.
sheet 1 & 2 are Ok.
if i save the drawing as a dwg file sheet 3 measures OK. it is only when i export the drawing as a dxf file that the scale on sheet 3 seems to go out and the parts do not measure correctly.

all views are correctly scaled and no ambiguous scales are involved.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
denl
in reply to: egghead

Can you sent the idw file with assembly and part files for me? My email is: lisa.den@autodesk.com

I will take look it as soon as I got the files.

Thanks.

Lisa
Message 3 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: egghead

while this is not acceptable by any means.

It is always good practice to open the exported file to recheck for the correct dimensions/scale,etc... especially when they are used for direct transfer in to fabrication machines.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report