Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export 2D blocks

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dloganbill
1475 Views, 4 Replies

export 2D blocks

In AutoCAD, when I want to create a 2D block representation, I used the flatshot command.  Is there a workflow that will result in creating a 2D block for ACAD from an assembly in IV?

FYI, my customer would like a 2D block representation to insert into his ACAD prints.  My assembly is very complex.  I tried exporting to .dwg and then opening the file in ACAD and creating flatshots, but it bogged ACAD to a screeching halt.

Any suggestions?  This seems like something that should be incredibly easy to do, but so far I've been stumped.

Intel i7-3930K 3.2 GHz; 32 GB RAM; GeForce GTX 680; SSD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Ray_Feiler
in reply to: dloganbill

Inside of Inventor create a Inventor DWG file that has the 2D views you need then save it. Inside AutoCAD use Design Center to browse to the Inventor DWG file and expand it's blocks. Then just drag and drop into AutoCAD.

DesignCenter.png

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 3 of 5
Ray_Feiler
in reply to: Ray_Feiler

DesignCenter2.png

Message 4 of 5
dloganbill
in reply to: Ray_Feiler

Thanks for the tips.  I'm getting ready to try it.  One more question. The views I insert into the .dwg--does the scale matter?  Should I insert them 1:1 or not worry about it and scale them in ACAD?  Or maybe ACAD adjusts the scale automatically?

Intel i7-3930K 3.2 GHz; 32 GB RAM; GeForce GTX 680; SSD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 5
Ray_Feiler
in reply to: dloganbill

When you use this method it scales automatically based on you settings. Both in Inventor and in AutoCAD. Just try it you will see.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report