Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error when opening addin manager

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jeremy
781 Views, 3 Replies

error when opening addin manager

I am using autodesk inverntor 2012 on a Windows 7 x64 sp1 box.

When I try to open the addin manager, I get an error 

Could Not Process AddIns.

Check if you have the compatible Comcat.dll from Microsoft (NOT Version 5.0).

See Microsoft's Knowledge Base on 'Mismatched Ole32.dll and Comcat.dll'

The knowledge base article I found on MS site is old, and talks about windows 95.

Currently I have Comcat.dll version 6.1.7600.16385, Ole32.dll version 6.1.7601.17415 on my system.  This error started occuring after we upgraded the network from a p2p to a client/server network, using server 2008 r2.

Autodesk update No. 12 and Service Pack 2 for Autodesk 3dsmaxdesign suite were applied in December.  This error only recently started occuring.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: jeremy

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know if this will help you, but you may have a bad install as a result of the server change.

Have you tried going to your control panel and under install/uninstall programs doing a repair?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 4
omoikane
in reply to: Cadmanto

I have the same issue with Inventor Professional 2015. I am running Win 7 64-bit. Everything is patched and up-to-date.

I have tried probably all different options of uninstall, reinstall, repair, turning off UAC, turning off anti-virus, running the installer as Administrator, and whatever else I can think of.

Can you provide a step-by-step instruction on how to fix the problem?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
bob_holland
in reply to: omoikane

omoikane,

Can you please login to the computer in question as a different user and let us know if you are still having an issue with Inventor 2015.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report