Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emboss different colors

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dane_m_steyne
592 Views, 2 Replies

emboss different colors

I have 2 separate sketches which will be used to EMBOSS on the curved surface.I can get them to work except i want 1 sketch to be Green when Embossed on the surface in color and the other sketch to be red in color when Embossed  with the back ground Black.I can only get it to work as 1 color.I tried with Split command but still no luck.After both sketches EMBOSSED to the surface i can only get 1 color for both EMBOSS

Can it be done

Dane

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: dane_m_steyne

@dane_m_steyne wrote:

.....I tried with Split command but still no luck.After both sketches EMBOSSED to the surface i can only get 1 color for both EMBOSS

Dane

My guess is an error in logic.  When are you doing the split (you didn't attach a file with Emboss or Split?)

Your first sketch should be only the outside boundary - emboss the entire boundary in one emboss as one color or don't worry about color.

Your second sketch should be only the "zig-zag" to Split the face.  Now right click on the two resulting faces and set Properties color as desired.

I suspect your error in logic was the second emboss merges with the first - only one face to color.  One face cannot have two colors so you must of course split the face into two faces.

Perhaps you never wanted Emboss at all?  Split the cylinder face into 3 faces.   (would require 2 Split features)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
tegnedreng
in reply to: dane_m_steyne

Hi

As I was looking for a answer to missing colors in Emboss Patterns, I came around your old problem, and - I know it's old, but I could not stand it - I solve it like this:

1) Your figure must NOT touch each other - I separate them with a small offset - 0,001mm.

2) you have double lines in your figure.(not the problem, but anyway...)

Best regards

DaneLeif

Designer by

Siemens Wind Power

DK-7330  Brande

Denmark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report