Inventor General

Message 1 of 11 (540 Views)
Accepted Solution

dynamics simulation menu

540 Views, 10 Replies
09-26-2012 06:44 PM

hy,

I have installed inventor 2011 on my laptop, but the dynamic simulation menu does not appear even though I 've been many times to install it.

how do I bring it up ?

best regards,

aldyatma

note: here is the screenshot

Capture.JPG
Employee
MingweiGao
Message 2 of 11 (534 Views)

Re: dynamics simulation menu

09-26-2012 08:30 PM in reply to: aldyatma
hi aldyatma,

Did you loaded DS add-in in Tools-->Add-Ins-->Dynamic Simulation?

Refer to attached picture.

Mingwei Gao
Software QA Engineer
Inventor Quality Assurance Team

Message 3 of 11 (523 Views)

09-26-2012 09:09 PM in reply to: MingweiGao
I 've been looking at the add-in manager, but I still did not find it. In addition, the simulation menu there is only stress analysis....
Employee
Message 4 of 11 (484 Views)

09-27-2012 12:42 PM in reply to: aldyatma

Hi Aldyatma,

If the Dynamic Simulation add-in isn't appearing in the Add-Ins manager there was likely a permissions issue during registration / installation.

Could you try the following to manually re-register it?

0)  Close down Inventor and ensure the process is not running in Windows Task Manager

1)  Lauch the command line window (windows start menu => type 'cmd' and OK)

2)  Navigate to Inventor's Bin folder in the command line window (e.g. cd "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2011\Bin")

3)  Type "RegisterDynamicSimulation.exe /install" (you may be able to see the process appear for a second in Task Manager)

4)  If that doesn't work you can try re-registering all of Inventor and it's add-ins by typing "Inventor.exe /install"

Hope this helps.

Best regards, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
Simulation QA Engineer
DLS
Message 5 of 11 (467 Views)

09-27-2012 04:13 PM in reply to: henderh
Dear hugh ,

Can I see a picture for every step that you provide? I was a bit confused when I did not see it..
Employee
Message 6 of 11 (462 Views)

09-27-2012 04:27 PM in reply to: aldyatma

Hi aldyatma,

I tried to capture images of the steps in the file attachment.  Please make sure you have Administrative priviliges, turn UAC off, and disable any firewalls or Anti-Virus.

I didn't have R2011 Inventor installed, so the screen captures are from R2013 Inventor and Windows7 O/S.

Thanks, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
Simulation QA Engineer
DLS
Message 7 of 11 (459 Views)

09-27-2012 04:55 PM in reply to: henderh

Dear Hugh,

I have followed the instructions you gave, but the dynamic simulation menu still does not appear. Do you have any other way to solve it?
Employee
Message 8 of 11 (450 Views)

09-27-2012 08:54 PM in reply to: aldyatma

Hi Aldyatma,

Thank you for providing the images.  I believe you performed the commands correctly, but DS is still not registering. I'm not at my machine at this time, and will return to the office Monday.

Another thing to check for are missing files on disk.  Can you verify if there exists a file in your /bin directory called DynamicSimulation.dll or something similar?

If this dll file exists, we can move on and try using an "/echo on" switch in the command line to see why the registration process is not occuring properly.  I suspect certain registry keys are not being created or read.

I hope this helps..

Best regards, -Hugh

{Edit: echo on, not off}

Hugh Henderson
Simulation QA Engineer
DLS
Message 9 of 11 (437 Views)

09-27-2012 09:12 PM in reply to: henderh

dear hugh,

I have verified that DynamicSimulationdll and DynamicSimulationResdll contained in the /bin folder. But I do not understand about the command " / echo" , can you explain it?
Employee
Message 10 of 11 (399 Views)

10-01-2012 03:02 PM in reply to: aldyatma

Hi Aldyatma,

That /echo switch isn't going to work, since there probably aren't any comments in the *.exe.

I thought I could use process explorer to find out what keys are written when using RegisterDynamicSimulation.exe, but there are so many keys written, it is difficult to figure out which one is needed in order for the Add-In to register.

The only thing I can recommend is a clean un-install then re-install at this point.

My apologies I couldn't be much more help on this.

Sincerely, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
Simulation QA Engineer
DLS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube