Inventor General

Valued Contributor
greetinginventor
Message 1 of 1 (117 Views)

draft making problem

117 Views, 0 Replies
09-12-2012 12:15 AM

Hi,

I'm working on a part to be then create a mold of, using fiberglass. As you know, there must not be any negative angle in , say, holes of the part because then after mold material of fiberglass are covered, they become locked in the part and you can't get them easily out. 

This part is a face-like, with eyes and nose holes. I thought that after making the holes, I will use draft tool to create the desired angle / tapper. Surprisingly, now I can't acheive this in any way (tested on 1 eye):

1. I used draft and tried various setting and every time Inventor reports errors (no obvious hint so I can figure out why)

2. I tried then to again close that part of material, using boundary patch bottom, top and sculp in between: error again!

3. tried to patch the bottom of the eye hole, then thicken as a new solid, then extend its surface up: error!

Now got no more idea how to solve this problem, may be I must do it different from the beginning? I made the sphere for the face, then created a 2D sketch and drew the eyes, etc. and used split solid to cut them out of the face and the negative angles are there as a cutting method result. May be a different cutting method is necessary here?

I attach the part, please help to get rid of negative angles!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube