Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do yourself a favor

33 REPLIES 33
Message 1 of 34
eman6398
1088 Views, 33 Replies

do yourself a favor

Wait until 2013 service pack 1 is out before installing. This has been one of the most buggiest versions I have used. Constant crashes, files being corupted, has costed me more time than it would save.

Sorry just have to vent.

Dell t1700 Xeon 16 gb ram
Windows 7 64 bit
NVIDIA QUADRO K4000

33 REPLIES 33
Message 21 of 34

I feel completely lost without my 3D mouse....OMG!

I can't count how many times I've been here at mt client's site and go to reach for the 3D mouse only to not have it there....ugh

Funny how you don't notice how much you use it until it's not there.

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
Message 22 of 34

I have stopped using my 3d nav all day today and havent crashed yet. I too am lost without it. i'm remembering the good ole F4 days.

Windows 7 64 bit
NVIDIA QUADRO K4000

Message 23 of 34
mflayler2
in reply to: eman6398

There is a hotfix from Microsoft that may be causing some of the lockups on opening Inventor

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/05/inventor-family-hanging-on-the-splash-screen.html

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 24 of 34
blair
in reply to: mflayler2

No problems or crashes with IV2013 here, did you update your drivers for your 3D Navigator as well?

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 25 of 34
trumpy81
in reply to: blair

I have only had one genuine crash of Inventor 2013 since I installed it. I have seen some strange behaviour and some slow downs but otherwise 2013 has been very stable for me.

I attribute most of the weird behaviour to my Logitech MX 518 gaming mouse and running too many CPU intensive programs at the same time ... lol

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 26 of 34
karthur1

Do you use vault or single user?
Message 27 of 34

Single user, no Vault here. I work from both my work-office and home office. Since I don't always know which files I am going to need (check out from Vault), I sync both my work and office machines using ViceVersa and a USB drive.

I also "Save" on a regular basis as well. I don't think I work for more than 15 min without saving. It becomes so ingrained to use the keyboard "ctrl-S" command, that I do it without really thinking about it.

I've even thought of programing one of my buttons on my SpacePilot to "Save". It would really come in handy with placing components and constraints.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 28 of 34
MikahB
in reply to: blair

I saw this thread when it started and thought "Ha!  I haven't had a single crash, guess I'm just special."  Turns out I'm not.  This week was my first in a while spending 6+ hours/day in Inventor 2013, and I ran in to a lot of crashes.  Updating bolted connections via design accelerator was a common wipeout.  Another was starting the Stress Analysis environment on an assembly.  I made it through all, but was more than a little aggravated.

I am happy to hear about the 3D Connexion hotfix - I, too cannot really work without mine.

Overall I like 2013 - the (much) improved visuals streamline my workflow which very often involves sending "pretty" pictures of WIP to clients.  But, less crashes will be much better.

FWIW - I've not had any of the issues of locking/crashing during startup.

Mikah Barnett
All Angles Design
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
32GB DDR3-2400 RAM
GeForce GTX 670 4GB
Message 29 of 34
tdrawdy
in reply to: MikahB

I really need the update to the 3d connexion space explorer!  Worked on a drawing yesterday for about 2 hours. Completed the design and was doing an exploded view, and BLAMMO, inventor crashed again.  I know, it was my fault for not saving earlier.  To add insult to injury, I had the audacity to touch my space explorer, by habit mind you, to rotate the views.

Long story short, I lost all updates and am re-doing everything this morning. And yes, I did install the hotfix.

Please help a man out by getting this to us asap.

Message 30 of 34
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: tdrawdy

Yes, your crash from yesterday was related to the 3D Connexion issue. That fix along with several others is currently running through all of our various test suites, Current release estimate is Tues/Wed next week.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 31 of 34
IT-BWTEC
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

We have also crashes at startup with vault, if the automatically login is activated! Inventor crashes immediately after the vault window at startup in inventor has oppened. Is there any solution available?

Our workaround for now was, to start Inventor as long again, until we could deactivet the automatically login. Now inventor starts ... 

Message 32 of 34
tdrawdy
in reply to: IT-BWTEC

I was told that the 3D connexion update would be out either Tuesday or Wednesday.  Does anyone have an update on this?

Message 33 of 34
eman6398
in reply to: IT-BWTEC

I read in another thread that it was pushed back to the end of this week or begining of next. I cant wait. I hope it works.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Inventor-2013-frequent-crashes/td-p/3481986/page/3

Windows 7 64 bit
NVIDIA QUADRO K4000

Message 34 of 34
ChrisMitchell01

The Inventor 2013 "Update1" was just posted:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19656800&linkID=9242019

I hope this helps,

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report