Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dissolve mirror

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nstalker
205 Views, 2 Replies

dissolve mirror

Is it possible to dissolve a mirror in Autodesk Inventor?  I know it is in Autodesk Fusion.  It is an extremely useful tool in Solidworks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: nstalker

There are different techniques depending on what you really really want to do.

Are you simply trying to get rid of the original?

Multibody solids?

Derived Components?

Assembly mirrored component....

I could probably think of a couple of other variables to the question.

Post your SolidWorks example here and I'll show you how to do the same thing in Inventor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
nstalker
in reply to: JDMather

I just did a workflow in Solidworks this morning that I wasn't sure how to do in Inventor.  I was making an aluminum extrusion guard wall and created two perpendicular pieces, then I mirrored those pieces to create a frame.  I then wanted to move the bottom footer piece up so that there was clearance between the floor and the piece.  When I altered the constraint to create clearance, it altered the position of the header because of the mirror plane.  So instead I dissolved the mirror and was then able to move the pieces independently and resize them without affecting the other piece that was created via a mirror.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report