Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display refuses to change

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
443 Views, 7 Replies

display refuses to change

I have to continually update the views for all of my parts regardless of how many times I change my settings and save.  I recently updated to 2013 FDS.  I've changed the default template but still no go.  The views continually revert back to some default that looks horrible.  At times the backgroud display will remain but eventually reverts back to some default.  I've updated the document settings, application settings, and template settings but still get the same thing.  What gives?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
karthur1
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I have to continually update the views for all of my parts regardless of how many times I change my settings and save.  I recently updated to 2013 FDS.  I've changed the default template but still no go.  The views continually revert back to some default that looks horrible.  At times the backgroud display will remain but eventually reverts back to some default.  I've updated the document settings, application settings, and template settings but still get the same thing.  What gives?

"the views for all of my parts"....

Not quite sure what you are talking about here. What "views"???  Can you show a screen capture so we know what the problem is?

Kirk

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: karthur1

Sorry, not views.  Display settings.  Things like background, shaded w/ edges, reverse zoom, colors, default units, etc.  I used to be able to save a few documents and everything remained the same when using earlier editions of IV.  Then I had to alter the template file when we got 2010 or else nothing worked.  Now w/ 2013 FDS nothing I do sticks.  Virtually every time I open a drawing I have to update all of these settings and it's beginning to get extremely annoying.

Message 4 of 8
karthur1

All the things you mentioned is controlled under Tools> Application Options (except for Default units, thats in your templates).  You are changing it there.... right?

Is it just that after you change these, the settings are later lost and revert back to the original "default" settings?

I seen this on IV2012, but not on 2013.  There are several posts around where ppl are having this issue on 2013.  You "Could" export your settings, then if you notice they have reverted back, import them back in.  I know thats a PITB, but at least it would be quick.

Issue with 2012....AFAIK, it was never solved.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

So far I've been having success (albeit only w/ 2 or 3 files) when I change the application options at the project level, meaning I have nothing open.  I might try doing the settings import soon if I see the problem again.  I didn't think about that thanks. 

If it's a pain to import it's certainly less of a pain than completely resetting them every drawing.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 8
karthur1

The application options are not "Project" specific.... they are application specific.

The only time I had this issue was if I closed and then restarted Inventor.  I never saw it lose the settings in an Inventor session. With 2013, I have not had this issue.... it was only with 2012.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

By changing the application options w/ nothing open it seems to be working now.  That's what I meant by changing it at the Project level, meaning I had nothing open but the projects.

Message 8 of 8
karthur1

Glad its working now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report