Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discussion group & CF

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
122 Views, 3 Replies

discussion group & CF

I use my web browser to come here and to also go to CF. There are times I have seen people say they have attached something here in the discussion group but I don't see it, and there are times when someone has said they posted to CF but I can't find it. I have seen Kent mention both web and newsreader addresses, are they linked at all or are they completely seperate? Does everyone really jump around between 4 or 5 if not more different groups and post the same subject?
I have gone to a newsreader for CF's before and it seems to have most of the same posts as web based CF but there were a few different posts?
could someone post all the sites?

Thanks, Lloyd
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

See Seans ***
INVENTOR FAQ: JUNE 24, 2003 ***  it will give that and a whole lot
more.

gcooper
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

The newsreader and the web side should show the same thing. It is possible that the
reason it seemed different is the way things were threaded, and I believe the Web side
adjusts the order the posts show up by the most recent post to it, where the newsreader
will generally be sorted by the first post to a thread.

I think most people that have used both find the newsreader to be a much better method of
getting posts.

I am not sure what you mean by jumping around, but cross posting between various
newsgroups generally isn't allowed.

Not sure what you mean, by "all the sites"

The main list is here
http://discussion.autodesk.com/
and the Inventor division is here
http://discussion.autodesk.com/WebX?14@180.WdnhacBOs7w.0@.ee93814

--
Kent
Assistant Moderator
Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"LloydM" wrote in message
news:f173d5e.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I use my web browser to come here and to also go to CF. There are times I have seen
people say they have attached something here in the discussion group but I don't see it,
and there are times when someone has said they posted to CF but I can't find it. I have
seen Kent mention both web and newsreader addresses, are they linked at all or are they
completely seperate? Does everyone really jump around between 4 or 5 if not more different
groups and post the same subject?
> I have gone to a newsreader for CF's before and it seems to have most of the same posts
as web based CF but there were a few different posts?
> could someone post all the sites?
> Thanks, Lloyd
>
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Kent, you answered my questions perfectly, the sites I was asking about is what you have listed. Thanks, Lloyd

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report