Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dimensions alignment issue --please help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mohan.nakka
979 Views, 2 Replies

dimensions alignment issue --please help

hi,

iam using inventor professional 2013.iam trying to align dimensions (ordinate) using ARRANGE COMMAND but not getting the result i desire.please see the attached screen shot.i need to align the dimensions that would look like in attachement named ,desired_result.

i tried arrange command but it always aligns with respect to the square brackets .

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Mohan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: mohan.nakka

Never having used ordinate dimensions before, I can only guess the problem lies somewhere in your dimension style.  Possibly the length of the tails, or bends ... or the text justification.  Go to Manage, Styles Editor.  Look first in Object Defualts, for Ordinate Dimensions.  This will tell you the name of the dimension style that is set as your default.  Next go to Dimension, find that style and play with the settings until it comes out looking the way you would like.  Make sure to save any changes to the style.

style.JPG

Message 3 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: mohan.nakka

I do not think this is possible.  If you use Ordinate Dimension Set tool, they will maintain alignment with each other, but the alignment is to the leader end, not to the outer end.  For the case that you show, placing the dimensions on the opposite side of the view will produce left-justified dimensions because the leader will be on the left end of the text, but this may not be desirable for this drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report