Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dimension problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gabriel.kim
659 Views, 3 Replies

dimension problem

I have dimension problem. Before Inventor 2010, this was possible.

I'd like to dimension two holes by measuring inner & outer distances of holes (the hole diameters are the same). When I click on inner distance between two holes, the Inventor 2010 indicates "Sketch dimension already exists". However, this is incorrect.

I'm using Inventor 2010 on Windows XP x64 SP2, Pentium Dual Core E5200.

thanks,

Gabriel
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: gabriel.kim

See attached (personally I would never dimension to hole edges - try holding tolerance on machining).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
gabriel.kim

thanks, I see that you created two points. I didn't have to create points in previous version, though.

Btw, this is how most machinist (at least from my work) measure holes with same diameter.

regards,
Gabriel
Message 4 of 4
JDMather

The problem isn't with measuring - it is with making and holding postional tolerance.

JD Certified Journeyman Machinist
8 yrs out on the shop floor.

BTW - I have never seen a Standard reference that dimensions to the sides of holes rather than center position and size.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report