Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dimension alignment "on the fly"

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
oldfahrt
557 Views, 3 Replies

dimension alignment "on the fly"

One thing drives me crazy, because I just don't remember how to set it up in AutoCAD Mechanical 2013. Here it is: one single separate dimension is already on the drawing, later I want to put another single dimension somewhere else in the same direction and align it's position with previous one using snap on to text position feature. I know there's dimension alignment tool to do such thing after the fact, but how to do it during the placement of dimension?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cwhetten
in reply to: oldfahrt

You mention AutoCAD Mechanical 2013.  This is the Inventor forum.  Is your question about Inventor, or did you mean to post your question in the AutoCAD forum?

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 3 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: oldfahrt

If y chance you are talking about aligning these dimensions in Inventor, just ctrl tag both of them and then RC and select "Align Dimension".

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 4
oldfahrt
in reply to: cwhetten

I'm sorry, indeed this is not Inventor's issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report