Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different screw position in the same assembly

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
marcin.blaszczyk
1131 Views, 8 Replies

different screw position in the same assembly

Hi there,

first of all look please look at the attachment

imagine a sheet (big black rectangle), then red rectangles are putted into corners

I want to have one subassembly - red rectangle with screw/bolt or whatever you call it, but i want to change position of screw if necessary (this screw needs to be a part of kit/subassembly)

but I do not want a situation when this new screw position is the only reason of making new subassembly

I tried Position in representation but I can assign constraints only to master level

any1 can help?

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi!

• You can place Screws in all possible places and create levels of suppression to supressunwanted screws

• You can use iAssembly to have different constrains (active/not active) for the same screw and will change the srew position for each case.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 3 of 9

I'll try IAssembly

but regarding first option: I will also try it but if the screw will be surpressed - will they be also counted in BOM ? (if so not - then ok, otherwise number of bolt will be double).

Message 4 of 9
BarryZA
in reply to: marcin.blaszczyk

Maybe this is not as simple as it sounds to me.

But for Pos Reps. In the master position I create my first set of constraints. Supress those and create my second set of constraints.

Suppress THOSE and un-supress my first set.

then activate a Pos Rep and reverse i.e. supress the first set and un-supress the second.

Message 5 of 9
marcin.blaszczyk
in reply to: BarryZA

it works perfectly for me with Iassembly but I don't like that Inventor creates  SubFolder with different iam's  configuration

BarryZA: how did you manage to use constraints in "NotMaster" position level? I am able to set up constraints only in Master Level

on other levels constraint option is not active

Message 6 of 9
BarryZA
in reply to: marcin.blaszczyk

set up the constraints that you will need later in master position but then right-click supress. activate pos rep, right click constraint and un-tick "supress (override)"

between that and activate new pos rep- right click constraint "modify (override" change offset it does what I need to.

Message 7 of 9

Hi!

Yes, it will be counted in the bom. It´s the easier process but you have to manage the bom and apply filters in the part list.

You can use the iAssembly and place the correct amount of screws and then Include/exclude constrains.

TIP: The better process to supress parts from assemblys and have a good BOM management is to use iLogic.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 8 of 9
marcin.blaszczyk
in reply to: BarryZA

BarryZ: this is ok for me.

Carlos: also thank you for feedback, at least I used iAssembly for the first time with success

Message 9 of 9

generally It was too simple to discover it 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report