Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

design data and content center issues while upgrading os

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RANDYWINDERS
208 Views, 2 Replies

design data and content center issues while upgrading os

Well it finall happened. My boss has agreed to upgrade our hardware and software. While this may seem like a good thing it also bring sup some issues. 

The Pro's:

The hardware has arrived and they are workstations instead of consumer grade pc's. 

HP Z420 with 3.7GHz Xenon processor w 16 GB ram and a Quadro K600 video card. 

Ok, so this is probably not even close to some of the other hardware out there it is a **** sight better than I have been running for the past 5 years.

I am in the preocess of loading software on the new machine. I haven't yet got to load the new INV2014 yet but the old INV2009 is loaded and running.

The Con's:

Content center is fatal. Every time I try to access anything from the content center Inventor crashes. Now, Content center is on a network drive so the project file is used to direct Inventor to it. Just like the old machine. 

Design data file gives me an error that the folder does not contain all the files necessary. Wants me to load a folder that contains all the necessary files.   Again, this folder is on a network drive. Its the same as the one I'm using on the old machine, right next to the new machine.   YEP, I've got the two side by side on my desk trying to ease into the 64 bit world. 

My reseller is going to be coming in to migrate our vault files later but I was hoping to be able to use the added memory and processign power of the new machine with the INV2009 software till we can get the new software going. 

So, What could be the issue here? 

Two machines, old 32 bit Dell Vostra 420 running 32 bit version of INV2009, and new HP Z420 runnin gWin7 and 64 bit INV2009. 

Both machines running off the same project file located on a newwork drive. One works fine but really slow and dies with large assemblies. 

The new one runs really fast till I try to add a bolt, a piece of angle, or a channel, or anything else from the content center. Then it crashes. 

Design data seems to be fine on the old machine, not so much on the new machine. 

Any Ideas??

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: RANDYWINDERS

If you load the default project do you still have the same issues?

Message 3 of 3
RANDYWINDERS
in reply to: Anonymous

I had forgot to apply the service packs to the new installation. After I did this it seems to be working.

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report