Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dark view in idw inventor 2011

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
WernerBeek
1495 Views, 9 Replies

dark view in idw inventor 2011

Dear Sir/ madam,

I've created an idw with three different views of an assembly. When I push the update button, the upper left view turns dark. After moving the dark view, the view turns back again in the original colours. Does anyone knows how this can occur and can it be avoided?

I've attached a jpg with the dark view inserted of the assembly.

Thanking you in advance,

Werner

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: WernerBeek

Graphics card model and driver version??. Typically this is related to graphics card issues. I usually try to stay up to date with the manufacturers latest driver.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 10
WernerBeek

Thank you for youre reply.

I cannot imagine that it is a driver problem or my graphics card. When I print the idm with the dark view, the print is also dark.

My computer contains a NVIDIA Quadro FX1500 and the driver version is 8.17.12.6705

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Hi,

Looks like it could be a problem with the lighting in the model.  can you post here? Then we can have a look and maybe find some solution.

Cheers

Al

Message 5 of 10

Hi WernerBeek,

I'm not certain, but this might offer a solution:

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2011/02/disable-reflections-and-gradients-in.html

I hope this helps.

Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,

Curtis

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/

Message 6 of 10
WernerBeek

Hi Curtis,

Thanks for your reply. The gradrient has been removed, but the dark TOP view still remains.

Werner

Message 7 of 10
WernerBeek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I've attached a picture with the used lightning styles. I tried everything, but the dark view keeps returning.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Hi Wener,  If you can post the part maybe we can be of more help.

Al

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Hi Werner,

When it comes to creating a view in a drawing, Inventor uses the 'default'

(only) visual lighting style library per an ipt or iam.

If the default ipt or iam lights are set dark, the related drawing view will be shaded dark.

If the default ipt or iam lights are set light, the related drawing view will be shaded light.

The problem is, once the dwg or idw has been created and the first view has been created, Inventor locks this initial lighting setting to that particular dwg or idw.

If the default ipt or iam lighting style library is changed, unfortunately the drawing does not update.

If you've already created the drawing and want to change the shading, you need to 'trick' Inventor as follows:

Create a new dwg or idw with at least one view with the desired lighting shading (based on the modified default lighting style library) - then keep the new drawing open.

Open the dwg or idw  that you're not happy with. In the browser, right click 'sheet' and copy.

Activate the new drawing you just created and paste the complete sheet into the browser - all the views will update to suit the modified default lighting style library.

Delete the old sheet and rename the new sheet per the old sheet - thus replacing it.

This issue has been circulating through the forums for years with no solution from Autodesk.

I hope Autodesk can finally fix this + add functions to adjust the lighting, shading and refection of drawing views.

Regards,

Max.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

From your previous post you said,

"If the default ipt or iam lights are set dark, the related drawing view will be shaded dark.

If the default ipt or iam lights are set light, the related drawing view will be shaded light. "

How do you set the lights to dark or light? Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report