Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom surface question

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
218 Views, 2 Replies

custom surface question

I have been trying to research how to create a custom surface. I found this article (http://www.trainingtutorial.com/TAT5.htm) about how to to create a surface from a jpeg. The article says to "expand color on the top left." of the style editor. However, when I open the dialogue there is no "color" that can be expanded. The only thing in the top left of dialogue box is "lighting." Is there another step that the article misses, or is there another way for me to create a surface from a jpeg?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

What version of Inventor are you using?
It sounnds like you are following instructions written for an earlier version of Inventor and it sounds like you are trying to create a new color/tecture style rather than a surface body.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I am using the 2013 version. I'm not sure what exactly what I'm trying to do is called. I want to be able to take a picture of a material, say for a couch cushion or a counter top, and attach that to an assembly in inventor. Whatever that is called, that's what I'm trying to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report