Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating a special material (fragile polymer honeycombs)?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
newguymike
1171 Views, 2 Replies

creating a special material (fragile polymer honeycombs)?

Hello,

I am rather new to the 3ds max. I am trying to recreate a material that is porous. It really looks like a very fragile and papery honeycomb. I was figuring I could create a bunch of planes and put there vertices together and make a special bump map that could recreate this type of material. On looking through some forums, some people mentioned they used a particle generater to create spongy like materials, or something of a volume shadow?. Does anyone have any good suggestions on where to get started are where I can learn some of these techniques. 

Thanks,

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: newguymike

@newguymike wrote:

Hello,

I am rather new to the 3ds max. ...Does anyone have any good suggestions on where to get started are where I can learn some of these techniques. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-3ds-Max/Autodesk-3ds-Max-Discussion-Groups-are-on-the-AREA/td...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
newguymike
in reply to: JDMather

sorry i posted this on the wrong thread i believe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report