Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy tube and pipe run

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
michael.shelley
1575 Views, 3 Replies

copy tube and pipe run

Guys,

I have just completed an assembly and in this assy. I have a tube and pipe run. The original frame holding this pipe was 1m*1m*2m. We are now building a smaller unit with the same design. The pipe run is exactly the same except for the pipe diameter.

I tried to save as the pipe run to a new name and change pipe diameter but it gives me this error seen below. Do I have to make the whole run again? If i change run I have now to what I need for smaller frame I lose original sizes for first frame size.

I hope this makes sense!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Michael

Problems encountered while saving the document.
     Save failed because the following files have been modified and must be saved together with Cooling_Skid_Type_I.Tube and Pipe Runs.iam: Cooling_Skid_Type_II.Run01.iam,Cooling_Skid_Type_II.Route01.ipt,Cooling_Skid_Type_II.Route02.ipt,Cooling_Skid_Type_II.Route03.ipt,Cooling_Skid_Type_II.Run02.iam,Cooling_Skid_Type_II.Hose01.iam,Cooling_Skid_Type_II.Hose01.ipt

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
geoinc
in reply to: michael.shelley

I know that
Message 3 of 4

Use these steps that came from the Routed System training manual I created for our designers.

•Activate the top Tube & Pipe Run assembly file in the overall assembly browser tree.
•Locate the pipe run in the browser tree and either
• Select and drag the pipe run onto the graphics screen
 - OR -
• RMB on the pipe run, select Copy, move over to the graphics screen, RMB, and select Paste.
• Pasted pipe run now appears in browser tree as a occurrence.
• Confirm the Tube & Pipe Run assembly file is still active in the browser tree and save it.
•Locate the (pipe run) occurrence in the browser tree, RMB and select Make Adaptive.
•Select and adjust the New Name column for the listed pipe run and route file.
• Keep in mind, each (new) file name must be unique.
• Cells that may be highlighted in red are an indication the name exists in the designated directory and must be changed.
• Do not modify the listed (new) file names for the individual pipe segments.
• By default, the designated directory will always be based on the next pipe run sequential number designation and can not be changed.
•Select the OK button.
• A new adaptive pipe run/route should now appear in the browser tree.
•Using normal assembly constraints, constrain the (new) occurrence as needed.

Message 4 of 4
bsmithy
in reply to: michael.shelley

Will this also work if you have a completed first iam with mutiple runs that you do not want to change ever and you want to have the exact same runs as first iam in another iam but will be adding more to the new iam. I do not want the first iam to change, but want to use it as a starting point for a new iam. When I edit in the new second pipe iam it will change in the first iam as well. Will the process above take care of that issue?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report