Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

converting to autocad: problems encountered while saving document

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
edarlak
320 Views, 0 Replies

converting to autocad: problems encountered while saving document

Win7 x64

Product Design Suite 2013

Installed SP 1.1, update 2 for SP1

Installed SP 2

Uninstalled true view, and reinstalled (unfortunately I downloaded and installed true view 2014, not 2013, not sure if that matters)

This engineer’s machine has never tried to convert .idw to .dwg until recently, as he is starting to detail components.  He's been using this workstation for months, everything else works fine.  Have not had this problem on 14 other similar CAD stations. We have been using Inventor since version 5.3, and we've never had this particular issue.  We all convert to AutoCAD to do our detailing, as the Inventor drawing mode is terrible, and does not work well for our company.

I'm trying to not have to reinstall Inventor.

When I uninstalled true view, and put the usb back in to re-install, I did not see an option to install standalone true view.  I found another thread here with this topic, in that thread there was a download link to true view, but it was 2014.  I was hoping whatever conversion files were required to get this working would be installed with that, but no luck.

Do I have any other options to reinstalling inventor?  Will installing true view 2013 as opposed to 2014 give me any better results? Is there still a download link for standalone true view 2013?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report