Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

constraint predict offset precision

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
stephengibson76
1649 Views, 4 Replies

constraint predict offset precision

I have a couple of strange angles and moving parts going on in an assembly.  there is 1 constraint i am happy for inventor to predict the offset for.  the problem is I am using other constraints i later want to bin, to pin it in position then try to apply this constraint.  it looks like the predict offset tick box only measures to 3 dp, so as soon as i apply this constraint my model goes sick.  I have to take a measurment and copy and place the measurment with all dp's into the constraint to make it work.  

Is there a setting to specify the predict offset number of decimal places?

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: stephengibson76

Tools>Document Settings Units Precision - but that only goes out to 5 decimal places.

I think you will have to continue to Measure (Precision - All Decimal Places).

Oh wait a minute - are you doing Measure from Measure or from within the Constraint Dialog box?

You don't have to Copy/Paste anything.

That is the last time I will ever do Predict Offset - I don't need it and I always forget to turn it off.

Measure.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
stephengibson76
in reply to: JDMather

measure from measure, the measure in the constraint will speed things up a bit, must admit i rarely use the measure within commands such as constraints or dimensions, 5dp's doesnt cut it either im afraid... the precision will drop out during manufacture but its needed to make the model work

Stephen Gibson

Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: stephengibson76

@stephengibson76 wrote:
 5dp's doesnt cut it either im afraid...

Aren't you getting more than 5 decimal places (like in the image I attached) when using from within the Constraint dialog box?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5
stephengibson76
in reply to: JDMather

yes, more than 5dp with the measure within constraint command but not with the predictive offset, so i can use the measure but the predictive offset needs to be more than 5dp to make it work.  i dont tend to come across such numbers often but this is a cylinder with 2 swivel eyes and actuating at a strange angle to achieve the desired results

thanks

Stephen Gibson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report