Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connector + hose

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Terry__Close
382 Views, 5 Replies

connector + hose

Is there another way of doing this other then using the pipe and run tools.There are 6  x 10mm connectors.I want to run 10mm plastic tube from the bottom 3 connectors up to the top 3 connectors.Please how can this be done other then using pipe and tube tools?

Regards

Terry

By the way is this simple if using the pipe and run tools?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Terry__Close
in reply to: Terry__Close

Is this only achievable by using the Tube & Pipe tools?

Terry

Message 3 of 6
JDMather

If you don't want to use Routed Systems then simple start a new part in the context of the assembly.

Project Geometry a connection point (like a circle or similar) from each connector.

This will make the new part adaptive to the position of the connectors.

Create 2D or 3D sketch for your tube run and Sweep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Terry__Close
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks...i`m new to what you suggest...could you give an example of how you would do this or could you add the hoses to the conectors i attached in my first post...

Is there any difference between the way you explained to do this and the Routed system.

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
JDMather

@Terry__Close wrote:

Is there any difference between the way you explained to do this and the Routed system.

Thanks

This is basically what Routed Systems does - but it has tools that automate the process so that it is fewer steps.

The attached was done in student version - so keep separate from your data and delete after examination of technique.

1. Turn on or create connection point in Connectors (I used origin Center Point and logical axis).

2. Create New Part in assembly. (set to constrain to connector part)

3. I like to then exit part and add second constraint to axis of new part and connector.

4. Edit the part and start new sketch and Project Geometry for the tubing profile.
5. Start a 3D sketch and Include Geometry the connection points at both ends of tube.

6. Create lines for straight sections of tubing (if all will be straight I might do these in 2D sketches instead, depending on how tightly I need to control the location).

7. Connect the 2D lines (in my simple case attached) with spline, including as many points in space as needed to control the path (if this is bent tubing I do slightly different with Bends between straight line sections).  Add tangencies to lines at start and end.

8. If you need additional point to the spline you can add them.  You can use the 3D Move/Rotate tool to move points as needed.

9. Sweep the profile.

Repeat as needed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Terry__Close
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks JD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report