Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

colors in idw..

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
202 Views, 1 Reply

colors in idw..

Hello, I 've tried to change the default colors in the idw enviroment to see
an autocad look like standard, but when I go to print my drawing, black
background don't print, but white line also!!! Does Inventor 6 change the
default color without adjust the print???Can I make something??I want to see
my favourite color on screen but decide only for B&W color in drawing....

thanks
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
gnrnr
in reply to: Anonymous

From my understanding of it, Inventor will not print the background colour at all and then prints the colours as they appear on the screen. Therefore white will not show up on a printout as white is usually interpreted by printers etc as "no ink here". If you view an IDW in VoloView for example that does not have a white background, on printing a view in full colour, the background colour is printed again. When we started using 5.3, the standard background colour was beige. We were using a workaround for printing (computers not connected to network at that time) and using voloview to print. On printing any views that were shaded, the background colour of the page would also be printed.

We now run using a custome setup where the background is white and the lines on the screen are black. There we many discussions about line colours in the old newsgroup.

Basically I don't think that trying to recreate an AutoCAD look on an IDW is the right way to go. Inventor is WYSIWYG in terms of the IDW environment.

Regards

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report