Inventor General

Valued Contributor
simon_toaldo
Message 1 of 3 (314 Views)
Accepted Solution

circular pattern

314 Views, 2 Replies
01-19-2013 04:26 AM

On the circular pattern i used 10 increments @ 300 degrees....why does the 10th increment not line up at the 10th position...have i got the maths wrong?

Please see attached

Simon

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 2 of 3 (299 Views)

Re: circular pattern

01-19-2013 07:16 AM in reply to: simon_toaldo

Hi  simon_toaldo,

You'll need to adjust for the angle of the extrusion, to consider the pattern start point. Here I've created a driven dimension called d67, which has a value of 1.59 degrees and then I subtracted that from the 300 degrees in the pattern.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Autodesk Inventor Pattern Adjust 02.png

Autodesk Inventor Pattern Adjust 01.png

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

Valued Contributor
simon_toaldo
Message 3 of 3 (250 Views)

Re: circular pattern

01-21-2013 04:22 AM in reply to: simon_toaldo

Thanks Curtis

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube