Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing the color

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
262 Views, 3 Replies

changing the color

i have an isometric view of an assembly in a drawing and i need to change the color of one of the parts... can i do this without deleting the view because it has some part balloons already place around it and i dont want to have to redo it... as of right now the only way i know to change the color is to go back to the part and change it which doesnt reflect in the drawing so i have to delete the view and replace it to reflect the change...
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Create a View Rep and change the color of the part in the assembly. (I would lock the view rep)
In the idw double click on the view and select the View rep. I just did it and it worked fine.

Edited by: JDMather on Jan 30, 2009 1:33 PM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Ideal application for design view
representations.  See attached.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
i
have an isometric view of an assembly in a drawing and i need to change the
color of one of the parts... can i do this without deleting the view because
it has some part balloons already place around it and i dont want to have to
redo it... as of right now the only way i know to change the color is to go
back to the part and change it which doesnt reflect in the drawing so i have
to delete the view and replace it to reflect the
change...
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Inventorguy wrote: "..to go back to the part and change it which doesnt reflect in the drawing so i have to delete the view and replace it to reflect the change."

Make sure your views are "Associative" There should be a check box for that in the "Edit View" dialog box. This will update the view to match the assembly. Also when you first place a base view, if you make sure this box is check, then any other view based off of it will also be associative. If it is not checked, you will have to make sure the box is checked in all views. I don't know what version you are running, but with IV2009, Associative views should be on default.

Without knowing which version you are running, it is hard to provide more help.

As the others mentioned, Design Views are the way to go. You can change the colors of parts and change their visibilty from within the main assembly and then apply these views to drawings. A good example is for sheet metal Guarding. I often create design views with and without it the guarding. This is an wasy way to show the parts hidden by the guarding.

Having the views Associative with Design views is VERY important, otherwise any changes you make to your Design views will not be applied to the drawing, and you will have to make that veiw associative anyway to apply the changes.

Pete

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report