Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot join parts in assembly

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
harold_kennedy
543 Views, 7 Replies

cannot join parts in assembly

I am trying to assembled these 2 parts but the elbow gives no options..how can i constrain the elbow to the straight pipe?

Thanks

HK

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CCarreiras
in reply to: harold_kennedy

Hi!

You can create some "Work Features" to help you place the parts.

1.png

In this case, you can create two axis to place concentric constrains between them and the tube.

1.png

Result: 2 mates

1.png

If you need you can add more work features for the part (planes, etc)

Note: I think this elbow has some design issues because normaly we don't need to create aditional work features to place a part like this.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
harold_kennedy
in reply to: CCarreiras

Thank you Carlos

How do you add the axis please?

Is there another way to create the elbow.I used sweep but this gives more of the shape i need

This is the first time i have had this problem but i normally use sweep but the Loft gave more of a shape i needed..

Regards

Harold

Message 4 of 8
CCarreiras

Hi!

Observe the picture, you have to build the axis before the fillet. (BTW: why these fillets!?)

Just select "axis2 and pic the outer edge.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
CCarreiras
in reply to: CCarreiras

Hi!

Try this one.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108503790/ELBOW_.ipt

Will be much simple to constrain. No aditional work features needed.

Also you can open the parameters chart to change dimensions easealy.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 6 of 8

Nice model Carlos

I tried to have a larger fillet to 140 but there is error...can the model be changed so i can have  up to a 140mm fillet

Cheers

Harold

Message 7 of 8
mpatchus

Maybe I'm missing something, but why not simply use an INSERT constraint to constrain the pipe end to the elbow?

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 8 of 8

I tried the INSERT on the first post parts but i could not get any constraints to work

I used the Loft feature to create the Elbow and liked the shape ity produced but i could not mate the parts

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report