Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot dimension parts in drawing

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1691 Views, 10 Replies

cannot dimension parts in drawing

Please could someone help me here

I have attached a pic of the problem. I have only recently started having this issue and have no idea why it would do this.

Thanks 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
CCarreiras
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

Drag the Blue cyan point outside the geometry and back in until it becomes green.

Maybe the blue cyan point was attached to geometry that is now missing.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you! 

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
mdavis22569
in reply to: CCarreiras

Did you change the model .... That's what I get after I change something in the model and go back to the IDW. It loses the connection point. 

It's not really anything you did from what I saw. I've had it happen dozens of times. I just do what ccarreiras said, I just reattach the one bad point.

Mike

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

Well heres the thing.

That is the first time im dimensioning the part. I have tried clicking everywhere to get that 12 mm. I know about just reconnecting the dimension if I did have to change the model but in this case its involving first time dimensioning.

Everything else has dimension fine. There were 30 more sheets of parts that had no issues.

Message 5 of 11
mdavis22569

It says Linear ...did you change a hole?

Sometimes it snaps a dimension to a bad spot that's easy to connect ..vs a good spot that's harder to snap too ..

Can you post the files here for others to see ..unfixed ?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

here it is

Message 7 of 11
rdyson

The problem appears to be refold-1. Don't know why.
Delete the unfold refold and use cut across bend.
And send in a bug report.

PDSU 2016
Message 8 of 11
mrattray
in reply to: rdyson

I see weird bugs like this every once in awhile with unfold/refold. I avoid that workflow when I can for this reason.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 9 of 11
CCarreiras

Hi!!!

When open the file, it ask for another part... The left part...

The top part is somehow connected with another parts... i open it, but in "unresolved" mode.

I think the part has some  link problems, maybe that's why the drawing has also a  odd behavior.

Try to break link's or something like that, and try again.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: CCarreiras

this parts width and depth is controlled by another part but just delete that parameter and change the depth and width to static values. 

Maybe it does have to do with the unfold refold. only thing I can think of now that you mentioned that.

Message 11 of 11
johnsonshiue

Hi! This is a bug. It should work. For some reason, the drawing dimension cannot attach itself to the view edges associatively. I don't think it is related to Unfold/Refold. The same behavior exists as long as Flange2 is there. I cannot explain it. I am sending it to development for further review.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report