Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I create an iProperty that becomes part of every part within an iam?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Infallable
219 Views, 2 Replies

can I create an iProperty that becomes part of every part within an iam?

i.e.,  is it possible to create a custom iproperty which would enable the user to attach a particular attribute to every component within an assembly without manually going through each component.

For example,  If I have a pipework sub-assembly within a manifold assembly.  I want to create a custom iProperty for 'Component Type' which would be called 'Pipework' for every component called up within that subassembly.

Likewise for a frame could you have the above custom property attached to every component but called up as 'framework' instead etc.

Thanks in advance.  Let me know if im not clear enough!!!

Josh

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pauldoubet
in reply to: Infallable

You can do this by creating a custom iProperty in your template file for those parts. If you already have the model created you can open that model/subassy and add a custom iProperty using the BOM editor. This method is also used for adding custom iProperties to help in sorting parts lists, etc.

If you need specific instructions on how to do this please ask.

Hope this helps, Paul

Message 3 of 3
Cadmanto
in reply to: Infallable

Josh,

Also if you have vault you can use that same template with the iproperty to auto push to these files if this iproperty is

added to the data card.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report