Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broken context menu/right click deselects part

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
NathanGMartin
2013 Views, 13 Replies

broken context menu/right click deselects part

Does anyone have a root cause for this that I can fix?

Behavior:

Inside a sub-assembly, when I select a specific component and then right click, inventor deselects the component.  The correct 'context menu' is still displayed; but none of the options actually work on the part I had originally selected when activated or clicked, because the part is no longer selected.  I'm on component priority and this behavior is new as of this week.  It is also inconsistent.

I was specifically trying to turn the visibility of just one sidepanel off in a housing subassembly, rather than making the entire subassy invisible. I then want to return to the master assembly.

see also: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Right-Click-on-Component-NOT-bringing-up-Specific-Con...

Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2013

Build 200 2013 SP2

Thanks,

Nathan

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
blair
in reply to: NathanGMartin

Sounds like a mouse driver issue. Try a system re-boot, if the problem still persists a refresh of the mouse drivers.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 14
cwhetten

Does this only happen in the graphics window, or does the same thing happen when you right-click a component in the browser?

Do you have one of these keys on your keyboard?  If so, what happens when you press it when a component is selected?

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 4 of 14
NathanGMartin
in reply to: blair

behavior does not exist in any other application; right clicking with highlighted text does not deselect. behavior is inconsistent; it is, for example, working normally right now (three hours later), even on the exact same assembly.
Message 5 of 14
NathanGMartin
in reply to: cwhetten

now that it is functioning, I cannot reproduce the issue either in the browser or in the graphics menu, and cannot test it with the context button on the keyboard either. All three options work atm (right mouse, browser highlight, and context key).

A good idea, though. It seems to be recurring every day on at least one assembly so I should have another chance on monday.
Message 6 of 14
kprom

This sounds like my issue above.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Very-strange-selection-issues/m-p/4896926#M501601

Mine happens every day, off and on.  Also happens to other people on different computers.  Intermittent problem not related to a particular part or assembly but seems to happen mainly when editing a subassembly in the main assembly.

Message 7 of 14
NathanGMartin
in reply to: kprom

Yes, this appears to be the same behavior. I can confirm that, as in your post, this issue does not affect my right-clicks in the browser tree but only in the main display.  

It is still ongoing on my machine and seems to result now mostly from a lot of work within an assembly; save-and-replacing lots of files and/or editing lots of subassemblies and subcomponents in-context.

Message 8 of 14

Did you ever solve this issue? I am experiencing the same thing in v2013
Message 9 of 14
blair

I don't see anything listed about this issue in the SP's and Updates for your version on Inventor but it's wise to install all SP's and Updates.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 14
kprom
in reply to: blair

Still a daily issue.  I have 2013 SP2 Update 3.  

Message 11 of 14
NathanGMartin
in reply to: kprom

Not quite daily for me, but still recurring frequently. Today it occurred immediately after demoting a group of parts within a master assy, then attempting to work on the demoted subassy in-context.
Message 12 of 14

Still recurring.
Message 13 of 14
TML1004

This is also happening to me. Has anyone found a solution? Within a sub-assembly, in the graphics window, a part will deselect and I am unable to use the right click. I have to locate the item in the browser bar to use the right click. I am using Inventor 2013 SP2 with all of the updates/hot fixes installed.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Inventor to no avail.  My mouse and graphics card drivers are up-to-date.  It is intermittent - it will work for a short time when I first start inventor, then will not work until I restart and stops working within a few minutes.  Along with this problem, the distance command will not work when I'm in a sub-assembly.  The dialogue box disappears when I try to select something.  Both issues seem to start occurring at the same time.

Message 14 of 14
streharg
in reply to: TML1004

This is inventor 2013 problem. We have it on all computers at our cmpany. For a year already.

But now i'm testing inventor 2015, and the problem is gone.

So the only thing for you guys is to migrate to newer version.

Or does autodesk have any solution???

PDSU 2016
4790K, 32 Gb ram, GTX 960 ...
Fancy HP LCD
🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report