Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bottom plate helical staircase

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Tom_V
876 Views, 6 Replies

bottom plate helical staircase

Hi, 

I'm trying to draw a helical staircase with a bottom plate underneath the steps. Drawing it isn't a problem. I used a sweep with helical curve. Then I converted this part to a sheet metal. But then inventor doesn't want to unfold it. Does anyone know how I have to make a flat pattern from this one with the necessary bending lines? 

Example .ipt and photo in attachment

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CCarreiras
in reply to: Tom_V

Hi!

In real world, this plate as to be deformed , not bended, therefore, inventor doesn't calculate this kind of deformation.

This is a plastic deformation, inventor can't manage this.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Tom_V

I know, but do you have a easy solution to make a part similar to this wich is possible to make with bends? 

Message 4 of 7
mrattray

Have you tried using a lofted flange?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 7
mrattray
in reply to: mrattray

Never mind, lofted flange wont work. I'll dig up the solution I had to use last time I had this problem...
Fair warning though: it's not pretty.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 6 of 7
mrattray

Here's the thread to where I had a smilar application: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Sheet-metal-development/m-p/3798033/highlight/true#M4...

Attached is the finished part that I sent to fabrication. It's a major PITA, but they were able to build it.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 7
Tom_V

I think it will work if I work in a similar way. 

Thanks!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report