Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beginners question tube and piping

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
raveruben
721 Views, 4 Replies

beginners question tube and piping

hello guys,

i'm pretty new to tube and piping in inventor 2013 pro.

im trying to draw a chilling machine, and i'm using tube and piping for the first couple of times now.

wheni begin with tube and piping i create a run, make a new route, and start a route.

i select a begin point and a end point, after that he show me the suggestions, but it always gives me the easyest way.

i know there is a way to make your own path, like playing with ''move sigments''?

cane someone tell me how to creat a good tube and piping like showen on the picture below.

the blue line is the line inventor want's to creat, and the orange line is what i want to creat.

i hope this is not a silly question!

olso sorry for my bad english.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: raveruben

After clicking the beginning and end points you should get this box to cycle through possible solutions.

What happens if you click on the arrows?

Run Solutions.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
raveruben
in reply to: JDMather

it gives me some more routes, but they are never the way i want it to bee.

like you see on the pic. my route always goes true my compressor or something like that.

is it posseble to draw a path like you do in sweepy modes or somthing?

see the pics below.

Message 4 of 5
-niels-
in reply to: raveruben

When drawing the route, don't click on an endpoint, instead hover over the axis that is put in the start point and start typing the length of your first offset.
You should then end up in a "manual" mode where you can select the direction and distance.
Then you can either finish it by hand completely or after a few sections click on the end point and let it auto-generate the rest.

Hope that's clear...

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 5 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: -niels-

My preferred method is to accept the route that is closest to what I want.  Then right click on the Auto Route solution in the model tree and select "Convert To Sketch".  Then you are free to use dimensional and/or geometric constraints to lock the route down the way you want it.  Tip: Using geometric constraints will sometimes allow you to leave segments undimensioned, such that (for example) if a piece of equipment moves, the pipeline grows or shrinks accordingly.  Overdimensioning can burn you in piping... that's why I hate Auto Routes.

My advice for what it's worth.

AutoCAD 2013; AuoCAD Electrical 2013; IV 2013 Professional: Tube and Pipe, Frame Generator, Content Center; Vault Professional 2013: Client, ECO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report