Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

balloons renumbering

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1785 Views, 6 Replies

balloons renumbering

hello..!!

i am using Inventor Professional, after creating Partlist in drawing, i am giveing auto balloons to part. now i want to renumbering my balloons number sequence, same like AutoCAD Mechanical. any opetion???

i am selecting all balloons and right click edit balloons but it doesnt come up in squence of balloons position. i can over right the value but balloons sequence are un even with respect to its location.

thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
harco
in reply to: Anonymous

To keep everything in order it is best to renumber the item numbers in the assembly BOM.

RMB on the part list and click Bill of Materials.

Sort as desired.

Then click renumber.

This won't order to balloon drawing position unless you sort the parts to match.

The part list drives the balloons.

If you overwrite the balloons to the required position then RMB on the part list you can Save overrides to BOM, this will make things line up once again.

You can renumber in the part list but they will become overwritten values shown by blue cells.

There may be times you want this but remember they won't match the assembly BOM or part lists in other drawings.

RENUMBER BOM.png

RENUMBER PART LIST.png

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you for your kind of support...!!!

but my requirment is i want to renumbering my balloons in sequance. which can be possible in AutoCAD Mechanical.

quary.png

Message 4 of 7
RobJV

This has also come up as a request from one of my customers.

I have a drawing with around 80 ballooned items.  My partslist has a filter to only show ballooned items.  My customer would like the balloons on the drawing to be in order, meaning you can read the balloons somewhat from left to right.  The only way I know of doing this presently is to manually change the number of every single balloon.  Any other ideas?

Rob

Message 5 of 7
swhite
in reply to: RobJV

If you know the order of the parts you can manually reorder them in the BOM and then renumber them, renumber them manually and then sort the BOM, or manually renumber them on the drawing then selefct save overrides to BOM as harco pointed out. You could create a custom field for order, if you know what order they are before start, but the default field for the baloons wld work just as well for that. Either way or whatever program, you are still going to have to tell it the order of the parts.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 6 of 7
Cadmanto

I find this annoying as well.  That is why I placed this as an idea.  Check it out and give your support to it.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Reorder-of-Balloon-Stack/idi-p/3796480

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 7 of 7
RobJV
in reply to: swhite

Thanks for the response - I realize I can do that but that is very time consuming.  It would be nice to have some command or other way as Scott points out to do this without a lot of manual work.

Thanks,

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report