Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
karthur1
1030 Views, 22 Replies

I tried to add a custom avatar to my profile.  The setup says to add an image to go to your "My Images" page (the link is on your profile page).  I could not find the "My Images" page.  I am attaching my avatar here.

2012-03-13_2115.pngd to add a custom avatar to my profile.  The setup says to

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
cbenner
in reply to: karthur1

At the top of the screen, click on your own name, look to the lower right you should see "Images for (you)".  Click that and it should take you to a screen where you can upload images into your profile that can be used as avatars.

Message 3 of 23
karthur1
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks, I was looking under "My Settings".

Message 4 of 23
timdown73

Hello, The "Personalizing your Forum Profile" page says custom avatars are available to "contributors", which I am.  So I navigated to the image in just the way the instructions say to and I get to the image I want, but from there there's nothing to do.  There's no "use as Avatar" button or anything.  See screen cap below...Am I just not a high enough ranked contributor?   I know this is kind of a silly issue but if you guys can help I'd appreciate it. Capture.JPG

-Tim U.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz>Memory: 32.0 GB Ram
Op Sys: Windows 10 professional
Message 5 of 23
cbenner
in reply to: timdown73

That was just how to load an image into your account.... to load an avatar go to "My Settings" and click the Avatar tab, there are several options including some built in images or loading one of your own.

Message 6 of 23
karthur1

I could not find the page in your screen capture... But on the far right of the screen you are showing, below "Discussion Groups", click on "My Settings".

2013-10-23_1529.png

Once there, go the Avatars page.  You should be able to do it from there.

Message 7 of 23
timdown73
in reply to: karthur1

Thanks for the reply guys and sorry for the delayed response.  I'll keep messing around with it but I still can't get a custom photo as my avatar.  Could quite possibly be that I'm an idiot.Smiley Frustrated  Thanks again for the reply.

-Tim U.
Message 8 of 23
cbenner

Have you tried combining the two suggestions?  On the marked solution, I showed how to get an image into your account.  Once you have an image uploaded, THEN you go to my Settings and Avatars, and choose "From Uploaded Images".  It should take you to the page where all of your images are available.  I think it does take a bit of time before the images are available... i seem to remember that they have to be approved first?  maybe I'm imagining that though... it is early.

Message 9 of 23
Cadmanto

What I wish you could do on your personal page is be able to upload a pic of yourself if you chose to want to.

This way those of us that have custom avatars can at least show others what we look like on the "About Us" page.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 10 of 23
timdown73

In the image below are my options.  Maybe I need to "Flag image for review" first???  I was kind of affraid to do that. 

Capturez.JPG

-Tim U.
Message 13 of 23
Cadmanto

That would be great.  Not far off?  Have you heard news to the such?

Why did you change from Eor?  I liked Eor!!! Smiley Sad

Oh, he's back!!!  Great!!!  Smiley Very Happy

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 14 of 23
cbenner
in reply to: Cadmanto

I was testing the procedure I had described, to make sure I wasn't lying.  Eeyore is here to stay, that's how people know me!

I saw something from Bill Johnston on Twitter the other day just saying that it was coming soon... not how soon?

Message 15 of 23
timdown73

Here's where the screen cap came from...

Capturex.JPG

-Tim U.
Message 16 of 23
karthur1

@cbenner wrote:

Maybe in the new system... which is not far off.

Are they talking about changing the format of the discussion group ...AGAIN?

Message 18 of 23
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi cbenner,

Can you check the procedure that is described here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/FAQ-How-To-Using-Autodesk/Personalizing-your-Forum-Profile/m-p/3317855...

I think that timdown73 is following those instructions. From what I'm seeing the procedure works for me either way.

I wonder if it has something to do with image size, format, etc.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 19 of 23

Hi Curtis W.  Yep that's the instructions page I'm trying to follow. 

AH HA!  I don't have the same options as shown CBenner's page.  I only have "From the Community".

CaptureY.JPG

-Tim U.
Message 20 of 23

@timdown73 wrote:

Hi Curtis W.  Yep that's the instructions page I'm trying to follow. 

AH HA!  I don't have the same options as shown CBenner's page.  I only have "From the Community".

CaptureY.JPG

Expert Elites are offered some different option's than other users( from the Web) also there are

options that depend on your rank to grant the permission.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Edit : EE's also get a different size allowance

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report