Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

avast! interfering iLogic rule

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
s.koornneef
566 Views, 4 Replies

avast! interfering iLogic rule

Hello,

On my laptop I have installed 'avast! Free antivirus' and in the past this has worked just fine.

However, since the (one of the) latest update of virus definitions the problems started.

When creating a new .idw file an iLogic rule is triggerd to set some properties.

But now avast! thinks this 'automation' is a 'Win32:Evo-gen [Susp]' threat.

Adding the .dll file to the trusted list is nog an option, because the a new .dll file is created each time, with a different name.

I have also tried to add the vbc.exe to the trusted list; also no luck there..

Is there anyone who has the same error, and knows how to solves this?

(Ofcourse I will also post this request at the forums of avast!)

Thanks!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: s.koornneef

That is interesting.  I have avast loaded on my PC's as well.  What version of Inventor are you running?

I am wondering if I could load this rule and see if I get the same results as you do.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
s.koornneef
in reply to: Cadmanto

I'm running Inventor Pro 2014.

I have attached the template file...

Message 4 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: s.koornneef

Sorry, I am still on 2013, so I cannot open your files.

Maybe it would be worthwhile to just disable the avast while you are in Inventor.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 5
rschader
in reply to: Cadmanto

I just ran into this problem today with Inventor 2015, avast updated it's definition file today, and when I was trying to create a new external ilogic rule, my avast popped up saying it blocked a suspicous program, iLogic gave an error messsage it couldn't find some randomly named dll file in my Users/Appdata/Local/Temp directory. Fixed it by excluding that whole directory from scanning, but that's probably not the best thing to do? At least it works for now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report