Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anti aliasing problem on new lenovo W530

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
GARRYFRASER8394
2264 Views, 22 Replies

anti aliasing problem on new lenovo W530

So I got a new Lenovo W530 this week, with nvidia k2000 gpu., win7 64bit,

running inventor 2013 and setting hardware tab to "quality" i have some unusual behaviour

The model does anti-alias when static but as soon as I move the mouse the anti aliasing disappears. Once the model is zoomed/panned anti aliasing returns.

I've tried to show this on this (poor) video

http://oregon.smugmug.com/Other/Camera-Awesome-Photos/23904506_thtzpr#!i=1950382634&k=fBhpbkV&lb=1&s...

If I move around with 3D mouse (space explorer) then every think works fine. It's only when mouse cursor moves that anti aliasing breaks.

I've tried 3 different mice and also disconnected everything and tried laptop cursor etc too

I've played with nvidia control panel for ages but those settings seem to have zero impact on inventor,

Does anyone have any advice on where to look to fix this?

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
sym
Explorer
in reply to: NeilClasby75

i have the W530 and am havin the same problem. Has anyone found the solution to this issue. Im running the K2000M

Message 22 of 23
blair
in reply to: sym

Nothing specific, other than the usual. Make sure you are have the current "Microsoft Certified" drivers for your graphic's card. Try different settings within the Inventor Application>Options>Hardware: try Performance, Quality and last ditch "Compatibility.

Also make sure you are current on all Microsoft SP's and Hotfixes, specifically looking for "DirectX" updates. This problem seems to bit some hardware and not other hardware configurations.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 23 of 23
NeilClasby75
in reply to: sym

After a while of antialisaing not working I found the solution to my problem.

Firstly, I'm on driver version 333.11 and bios 62.94.42.00.05 direct from the Nvidia website.

After much messing about with the 3D options for the specific Inventor.exe application, all I did was scrap that, go back to the 'Adjust Image Settings with Preview', set the slider bar to Quality, and that worked!! lol

Obviously, I've got Inventor on Quality Hardware mode too.

A voila - antialiasing is back!  Happy bunny!

I hope it works for you?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report