Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

animate to follow a path?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
andrew.nao
1131 Views, 4 Replies

animate to follow a path?

is it possible to get an assembly to follow a certain path when animating it? in the picture below, when i animate the blue object i would like to make it follow a path of the yellow item. is this possible? if so can anyone provide me some guidance on how to do that? thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
admaiora
in reply to: andrew.nao

Yes, itìs pretty long and a little tricky.

Here a video guide by Nisheeth Srivastava

Hope that can helps you.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: andrew.nao

Attach the assembly here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 5
dan_inv09
in reply to: admaiora

admaiora,

Isn't that the one we established was a cheat in that it can only move the length of the straight segment? Nisheeth did not demonstrate a way to make one link go around the whole path - some links get pushed around the bend, but it is only because there are many separate bodies constrained together that we get the appearance of solving this problem. I once made something like a slat conveyor that looked like it was going around and around but it just looped an animation of the slats moving the distance from one to another.

andrew.nao,

This has been discussed many times before. Mostly in reference to the Project Lead the Way train problem. PLTW, Project Lead the Way, and train might be good search terms to start with - maybe chain and something like "animate path" could find some more.

The easiest way I can think of off hand would be to push it with some invisible part or surface. How far does it have to go?

Message 5 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: dan_inv09

The OP's problem looks significantly more simple (even trivial - if the OP has Dynamic Simulation) than the YouTube link.

I would have posted 2 different solutions (one not using DS and one using DS) if the OP had at least indicated what version of Inventor they are using.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report