Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding chains

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
richard_cirillo
590 Views, 7 Replies

adding chains

Hi

I started to model up a lifting cradle but do not know how to progress further.I attached a 2013 version of model done so far.How can i place 4 chains on the top bracket to a ring?

Regards

Rich

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jletcher
in reply to: richard_cirillo

Well you can try and use my chain here is the fies you can change the chain to the size you need and the chain links move together..

Just make it adaptive in your assembly

Message 3 of 8
richard_cirillo
in reply to: jletcher

Hi Jletcher

Thanks for files..I`m sorry but i am beginner here but that is very good.I see it moves in assembly.What is way to mate to both top bracket and large chain ring?What is technique to use please?

Cam more links be added to your chain?

Thanks again

Rich

Message 4 of 8
jletcher

Yes you can add as many links as you wish just copy how I did it. 

as far as linking to your assembly you can do it in the same manner just add work point to your link as far as the base I would use an eyebolt to connect the chain to.

Message 5 of 8
richard_cirillo
in reply to: jletcher

Thanks jletcher,,,the chain is excellent

Rich

Message 6 of 8

What is the way to fit a hinge to one side of the bracket....would i need to make a hinge separately or would you make at the part level....how would i make the hinge?

Regards

Rich

Message 7 of 8
jletcher

Hinge ?

Message 8 of 8

I want to be able to place a hinge on 1 side so as to open the bracket and a latch on the other side to keep the bracket closed

Regards

Rich

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report