Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z3 file

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
BeKirra
2127 Views, 17 Replies

Z3 file

I downloaded a drawing from the net. This IPT file comes with a "Z3" format file.

Does anyone know what program can open this "xxx.Z3" file?

BTW, I can't upload it as its size is over 200mb. It doesn't look like a zip file - I have already used 7zip and winrar without any success.

Thanks for your help.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
JDMather
in reply to: BeKirra

@BeKirra wrote:

I downloaded a drawing from the net. ...

url?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 18
Paul-Mason

According to the help in Winzip 15 this is either an Archive or Exe file, so it could be a self extracting Exe file. BUT from other sites & searches it could also be a games system file !!!! It could also be that some one has simply changedthe extension from ZIP to Z3

All I can suggests is try expanding it or change the extension and see if you can expanding it

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 4 of 18
BeKirra

Thanks for your replies.

Here is the link:

https://grabcad.com/library/stair-climbing-wheelchair--1/files

The file I downloaded is the "rar" zip file which contains the z3 file.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 5 of 18
BeKirra
in reply to: Paul-Mason

Thanks for the replies.

I have tried to rename the file to "zip" but it can't be unzipped.

Here is the link:

https://grabcad.com/library/stair-climbing-wheelchair--1/files

The "Z3" file is inside the "rar" zip file.

X² + Y² = C²
Message 6 of 18
BeKirra
in reply to: Paul-Mason

Thanks for your replies.

I have tried to rename it to "zip" but it can't be unzipped either.

It is downloaded from grabcad.

BTW, I did this reply twice without success.

Maybe it contains the web link.

You can search "Stair Climbing Wheelchair" in the site mentioned above.

The "Z3" file is inside the "rar" file.

X² + Y² = C²
Message 7 of 18
Paul-Mason

If you have winzip 15 it should open https://grabcad.com/library/stair-climbing-wheelchair--1/files/wheelchair.rar

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 8 of 18
WHolzwarth

Z3 is a file from ZW3D CAD/CAM. You could download the IPT from that source, but it's most in Construction Environment.

😉 Nice task, for bringing that back to solids. See STEP in attachment.

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 9 of 18
BeKirra
in reply to: WHolzwarth

Thanks wh. Your stp file looks nice. Smiley Happy

2 questions:

1) How to create "construction environment" in Inventor?

2) Can "z3" file be read with inventor anyway?

X² + Y² = C²
Message 10 of 18
WHolzwarth

Good morning, BeKirra

Your questions:

1) If there are no complete solids imported, many geometries are placed in Construction environment (see picture). There they can be examined, stitched if needed, and can be copied after that to normal modeling environment.

2) No.

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 11 of 18
JDMather

@BeKirra wrote:

1) How to create "construction environment" in Inventor?

Construction Environment.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 12 of 18
BeKirra

Thanks Walter.

How did you bring the solid back to the model?

X² + Y² = C²
Message 13 of 18
WHolzwarth

- Open the grabbed Wheelchair.ipt

- Double-click on Construction in Part browser

- Rightclick on Solids (1) -< Copy Object. In menu click on New Object - Solid. Brown sphere shows up at the front of the wheelchair.

- Rightclick on Surfaces (1171) -> Stitch -> Apply in menu -> Ready. Solids (112) appear now. Right click them and Copy object, this time as multi solids. Now most other solids are built.

- After that 8 Surfaces are left. Rightclick, Unstitch, Quality check, Re-adjustment, Stitch again and other manipulations are needed now.

- And you can see some exclamation marks on Base2, Base13, Base14, Base97 and Base98. These bodies need special work, after being moved back to Construction environment.

😉 But these are special tasks. Not an easy stuff for beginners.

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 14 of 18
BeKirra

Thanks Walter. Now I can see the trick.

I am stile trying to figure out how to build "Construction" feature.

In "Options" I checked that the setting is the same as JDMather shows. - Thanks to JDMather.

I don't see an option to build it in a part file which is with only solid(s).

Do I have to create a surface feature before use "Construction"?

X² + Y² = C²
Message 15 of 18
JDMather

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/AU2008/ML205-1P%20Mather.pdf

Message 16 of 18
WHolzwarth
in reply to: JDMather

Excellent stuff, Jeffrey. But I think, having access to the ML205-1P Dataset would help. I didn't find it at your site.

😉 No problem for me, I've downloaded it five years ago from AU.

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 17 of 18
JDMather

Anyone can email me and request the dataset.

Unfortunately I have not had time to keep this stuff up-to-date and the files open differently in later releases of Inventor which leads to confusion.

Message 18 of 18
kirkvoice

Are these jewelry files? 

If so it's likely this: .z3   

https://jewelrycaddream.com/free-files/

The cad program jewelry cad dream...

Not the .z3n files that ZW3D supports...

I wish I had a way to convert these! : )

Going to download the Zw3d trial but 99% sure they won't open..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report