Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yellow triangle error on a feature

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
grim2020
4557 Views, 7 Replies

Yellow triangle error on a feature

I just added a series of holes in assembly mode.  The sketch does not trip the sketch doctor and the feature does not give the red cross.  However, i am getting a yellow triangle with a black border and an exclamation point next to the feature and the feature name in red.  What does this indicate?

See attachment in .png format

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
grim2020
in reply to: grim2020

Sorry, I'm on Inventor 2010 SP3 on Windows XP SP3.

Message 3 of 8
gerhick

There are 3 types of messages that you can get from a feature, Information (white circle, with blue 'i'), Warnings (Yellow Triangle with exclamation mark) and errors (Red circle, with white 'X'). You're receiving a warning, which should indicate that the feature may not have been displayed as you intended. 

For what it's worth, information messages should tell you that the feature has completed, but there may be issues with the topology (I get this alot in sheet metal when unfolding, adding a face and refolding). And an Error message will usually not display the feature at all, often a loop has not been closed etc.

Attach a copy of the .ipt file, and someone might be able to give you a better response.

PointZero Design and Drafting
Message 4 of 8
grim2020
in reply to: gerhick

I would love to but the assembly is proprietary and around 3000 parts.  If I delete the feature and sketch and re-do it exactly the same way, it doesn't fail.  I'm only getting this on hole features and patterns.

Message 5 of 8
gerhick

Can you replicate the issue on a new part or assembly if you follow the same steps?

PointZero Design and Drafting
Message 6 of 8
blair
in reply to: gerhick

You have sucessfully created a feature, now you have modified your model that the feature can no longer be created. Look for unconstrained sketches, or a model that was Adaptive, you then created the Hole and changed your model that the hole is now out in space or your sketch is referencing something that is no longer on your model.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 8
AngeloGuo

It seems some dependencies of the hole feature is lost. Could you right mouse click on the hole feature and use the edit feature to check what is lost? It is better if you could attach an snapshot.

I attached mine similar case snapshot for "edit feature".hole sick.png

If I have answered your question, please "Accept Solution" so others may benefit as well.
Message 8 of 8
grim2020
in reply to: AngeloGuo

I have corrected the error by removing the feature and sketch and doing it over again.  It isn't a case of the model changing as the error only happens on the new feature as soon as the new feature is created. 

If it happens again I will post the dialog box, although that was the first thing I checked and the dialog looked fine.  I then checked the sketch and it looked good too.  Shouldn't I have received a red cross at the top of the screen along with the feature failure?  The strange part about it is that I only get the warning in the browser, no red cross and the feature visually looks fine.  it only seems to happen with the hole command using sketched points.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report