Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workpiece Pocket

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Carl_mgfx
780 Views, 2 Replies

Workpiece Pocket

Hi All

I've seen in the Whats new for Inventor 2013 and also in the wikihelp that you can merge your cores and cavities into your mold base plates.

I now have got to a point where I want to do this but when I select Workpiece Pocket I do not get the option to "Merge Cores and Cavities into Moldbase Plates".  Are there specific contions for this to happen?  How do I know if my mold design meets these conditions?

I have attached a few screen shots for clarification.

If more information is need I can supply it.  Please can someone help me with this.

Kind Regards
Carl van Rooyen
Application Engineer

Inventor 2019, Vault 2019,
HP ZBook 15u G4, Win 10 64Bit (ver 1709), i7-7500U, 16 GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics 620 with AMD Firepro W4190M
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

The problem is that you have combined the Cores and Cavities before you merge the Core/Cavity to Mold Base plates.
We don't support combined Core and Cavity to be merged into Mold Base plates. This is the reason.

I hope this helps.

Daniela Koloszko

Message 3 of 3

Yes, you should delete the combined core and cavity feature to use Merge the Core/Cavity to Mold Base plates option in Workpiece Pocket. You may need to adjust the dimensions of workpiece to meet your requirement.

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report