Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with presentations

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JohanLarsson
185 Views, 3 Replies

Working with presentations

Hi
I have two questions:
1. Is there a way to select a group of parts/occurences that I already have tweaked, example say I tweak 50 pcs in z and after a while I want to tweak them a little to the x. It takes a lot of time to select them one by one.
2. Is there a way to do the tweak above with the difference that i want the "x"-tweak to be before the "z" tweak, or do I have to delete the "z" tweak, add the "x" tweak and then add the "z" tweak back again?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2012 SP1 (25 seats with subscription)
Windows 7 64 bit
Lenovo D20, 12 GB RAM, Intel Xeon X5687 3.6 GHz, SSD
Quadro 4000, driver 8.17.12.9573, dual monitors
SpacePilot, driver version 6.15.3 Firmware 3.12
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: JohanLarsson

Hello Johan,
For your first question, there isnt currently a way to select a previously
selected group. You can multi select using the shift or ctrl keys or edit
the individual tweaks.
For the second question, it sound like you would like to reorder your
tweaks. Currently you can not do this.

For both of these issues I have logged a wishlist item to our development
teams

Thank you
Lisa Darrah
Inventor QA Engineer

wrote in message news:4889342@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hi
I have two questions:
1. Is there a way to select a group of parts/occurences that I already
have tweaked, example say I tweak 50 pcs in z and after a while I want to
tweak them a little to the x. It takes a lot of time to select them one by
one.
2. Is there a way to do the tweak above with the difference that i want
the "x"-tweak to be before the "z" tweak, or do I have to delete the "z"
tweak, add the "x" tweak and then add the "z" tweak back again?
Message 3 of 4
Josh_Petitt
in reply to: JohanLarsson

Use the Tweak View in the assembly browser. This lists your tweaks on top with parts underneath instead of listing the tweaks under the parts (i.e. Assembly View). Then, if you have an existing tweak, you can copy the parts that need that tweak (i.e. select each, RMB, Copy) and paste them on the tweak. This also makes it easy for your first question, cause you will find each of the 50 parts that have the z tweak listed under the tweak. Just select them all and apply a new tweak.
Message 4 of 4
jeffpike6221
in reply to: Josh_Petitt

I know this is waaaay old, but the forum's search function doesn't work for me...

Anyway, this OP asked the exact same question I wanted to.  One response said "Can't do it" then the last responder said to go to tweak view, select all the components in the browser that are listed under the tweak then "APPLY A NEW TWEAK TO THOSE COMPONENTS"

So this was back in 2005, and I think either that guy was smoking something or Inventor has taken a huge step backwards.  Because although I can select all those parts in the browser, and THEY ALL HIGHLIGHT IN THE GRAPHINCS WINDOW....

Get this...

There doesn't seem to be a way to apply another tweak to the selected components.  MAybe there was in 2005, but I'm banging my head against a wall here.  The components are selected...good...everything highlights in the graphics window...good...then I RMB and pick "Repeat Tweak Components"...

THEN...

The parts all deselect, unhighlight, and I'm prompted for a direction vector.  No way to select all those 132 components again?

Really?

What am I missing that this guy found back in 2005?

J

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report