Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working offline

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
egghead
1225 Views, 3 Replies

Working offline

I have recently swapped over to using a laptop for inventor.

when im not connected to the network while out of the office, when i open a model or my templates Inventor looks for the files that are associated to this but cannot find them.

can anyone tell me how to get around this problem as i need to be able to work away from the office but not necessarially connected to the network.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: egghead

I have a copy of our Design Data and Templates folders on my laptop's hard drive, and a copy of whatever project files I need at the moment.  I have two .xml files on my desktop, one with the App Options for working locally, the other for working over the network.  I then import the applicable App Opts to switch from one to the other.  And, since we have only network licenses, I also have to remember to borrow a license before I go offline.

Message 3 of 4
PaulMunford

You could check out Autoxdesk 360!

http://cadsetterout.com/reviews/an-introduction-to-autodesk-inventor-2013/

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

If you haven't considered using Vault to work locally, you might have your IT set your network location up as an offline folder so it is synched to that data.  There's more than one way to skin this cat. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report