Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work plane opacity adjustment???

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
timdown73
1046 Views, 5 Replies

Work plane opacity adjustment???

Is there a way to do this in 14?  If not WHY NOT??

-Tim U.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz>Memory: 32.0 GB Ram
Op Sys: Windows 10 professional
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mdavis22569
in reply to: timdown73

I've never seen an option like that ...however you can submit it to Autodesk in the idea's forum http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/idb-p/v1232 The only things I can think of that you can do is On/Off/Resize

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
timdown73
in reply to: mdavis22569

Thanks for the reply. I'll try submitting it if no one has already. Seems like something that could be easily added and is very necessary.
-Tim U.
Message 4 of 6
mcgyvr

The ICE (Inventor color scheme editor) will allow you to adjust the transparency of the work planes front and back..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! There is actually a way to change it. It is done via Registry setting. If you feel comfortable changing Registry settings. You can proceed further. Otherwise, it is better to leave them alone. Make sure you make a backup copy of the registry, so you can easily fall back.

The following key dictates how objects are colored by default with a given scheme.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion18.0\System\Preferences\ColorSchemes\Schemes\

\001\ should be for "Deep Blue"

By changing "WorkPlaneBackColor" and "WorkPlaneColor" to 1,1,1,1, I am seeing the following on my machine.

Workplane.png

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 6
timdown73
in reply to: johnsonshiue

It's good to know there's a way to adjust them but getting into the registry is hardly practical and impossible on my computer here at work. This needs to be an options setting. Thanks all. I did submit it to the idea station. Please KUDOS if you agree. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Work-plane-opacity-adjustment/idc-p/4968766#M4676
-Tim U.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report