Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work plane based on pattern controlled by ipart table - 'cannot build'??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
382 Views, 2 Replies

Work plane based on pattern controlled by ipart table - 'cannot build'??

Hello everyone,

I have an ipart that will has the length and a quantity of patterned features controlled by a table.  I've created a work plane that I'll be using when I take this part into an iassembly.  The problem is that the features I used to create this work plane (midplane between two parallel planes) do not exist in (2) of the (3) members...so it gives me an error message.  I've tried adding the work plane to the table, but 'exclude' isn't a drop-down (and typing it in doesn't work).  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the work plane "inactive" for those particular members? 

Thank you very much!

Diane Murphy

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
4donwan4
in reply to: Anonymous

You can try and generate the part and see if the children have the same issue. I've see cases were the children doesn't have the same problem as the parent file when they go down the list. A work feature can't be excluded or included if the feature it's created off of doesn't exist. It is how the files get regenerated. You would be better off using an iMate in the iPart.

Regards,

Don

Message 3 of 3
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

Diane,

Another suggestion is you could setup these work planes in a template then every part that uses that template would have them in it.  Or maybe have more then one template to suit your needs.  I also toggle all my planes on/off with hot keys.  When they are ll visible.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report