Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Word Wrap in Table Column Headings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TheRham
1701 Views, 3 Replies

Word Wrap in Table Column Headings

I tried to Google for this issue, and found someone having the same issue... in 2009.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Word-Wrap-a-column-heading-in-a-table/td-p/2426422

I'm still not seeing any option for this... has this problem really remained unsolved for 2 years?  Word wrapping a table column heading tricky business, is it?

Edit: While I'm at it... I see an option to set column width... but not for row height?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
okaleja
in reply to: TheRham

Sorry, this feature haven't been implemented yet. I added your comments to our database for this issue. Thanks for your report.

Oto Kaleja

Autodesk

Oto Kaleja
Software Engineer
Message 3 of 4
sam_m
in reply to: okaleja

(in your database) is there any intention to evolve tables into a more Excel-like experience?

hate to think the number of times I've pressed enter to move to the next cell to get a line-break, or pressed F2 to edit the cell (and then tried to use the arrow-keys to navigate within the cell without jumping around the table).

Personally think it's crazy/frustrating to have Excel as a requirement to use Inventor and have tables similar to Excel, but have differing usability/interface.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 4 of 4
okaleja
in reply to: sam_m

I haven't found such a request so I added it to our database. Product Design will take a look to prioritize it. Thanks for the report!

Oto Kaleja

Autodesk 

Oto Kaleja
Software Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report